Lingnan University Entrepreneurship Fund (LUEF)
Aims of LUEF
The LUEF aims at fostering LU’s Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E) development, advancing its academic standing and nurturing future business leaders through –
- Offering seed grants to LU students and/or young graduates to realize entrepreneurial ideas via the Start-up Fund;
- Organizing entrepreneurial training, professional coaching and project consultation to LU students and Start-up teams;
- Supporting facilities, infrastructures, or industry collaboration in GBA and beyond to nurture and sustain a vibrant entrepreneurial atmosphere and community;
- Providing development grants for Lingnan students, graduates and staff to develop novel technology or solutions.
- Gap Year Students
- Fresh Graduates or Graduates within 10 years
- Staff & Faculty
# Team Leader must be Lingnan's Student/Graduate within 10 years/Staff/Faculty
# The applicant team must have 50% or more members from Lingnan, including student, graduate within 10 years, staff and faculty.
# If the applicant has established a company, Lingnan applicants(including students, graduates within 10 years, staff and faculty) must hold 51% or more of the shares.
- $50,000 – Proof of Concept
For innovators with clear concepts and business plans to develop service or product prototypes, feasibility studies may also be supported under this category.
- $100,000 – Twin-Turbo
It aims to support innovators who joined the $100,000 Incubation Programme with HKSTP or Cyberport (or social innovations that received major awards) to double up their development speed and alleviate cash-flow strains.
- $100,001 – $500,000 - Scale Up
For innovators with tested product concepts, executable strategies, feasible business plans, and a competent team to scale up their business and attract investment.
Deadline for the coming round is 15 October 2023.
Future rounds will be on the 15th of October, December, February and May every year.
Step 1: Complete the application form online, please click HERE.
Step 3: Interview (5-minute presentation in English and 15-minute Q&A session).
Step 4: Panel review and funding approval.
Step 5: Start your business.
Step 6: Final report and sharing.
Our Board & Advisors
Learn more about LUEF's Board & Advisors, please click HERE.
For more information, please contact Ms. Aka Tsang at 2616-8067 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
LUEF is administered by Lingnan Entrepreneurship Initiative (LEI) team (https://www.ln.edu.hk/lei/about-lei/contact-us). LEI is a one-stop shop for providing comprehensive innovation and entrepreneurship support to Lingnanians. The LEI team is experienced in offering project consultation, advising funding opportunities, conducting trainings, and providing professional support through Lingnan’s extensive social and corporate networks. LEI also possesses an award-winning engineering and design team to help Lingnanian to explore technology solutions and construct prototypes. Learn more about LEI here (https://www.ln.edu.hk/lei).